Personal Insurance

Why Buy Your Personal Coverage from Us?

In addition to our over 50 year history serving the Business and Personal needs of New Jersey residents, our status as an independent agency means that we can help you get affordable and comprehensive insurance plans whatever your needs may be. Our committed staff of professionally trained agents has the knowledge and insight to provide you with the coverage that you need to protect you and your family. Ask us to help you find the best coverage at the best rate.

At Kape Insurance Agency Inc., we strive to provide our clients with cost-effective solutions to minimize exposure to financial loss. We achieve this by offering dependable service and continually advising through the insurance process. The result is loyal and satisfied clients!

Personal Auto

Auto Insurance cost and coverage needs differ from person to person – no single company is best for everyone!

When you work with an independent agent you are not stuck with one insurance company and the solutions that company provides. Instead, you will have a range of choices from top insurance companies. Your agent at Kape Insurance will not only take time to understand your needs and help you compare quotes, but will help find discounts so you can get better value from your policy. And your agent will continue to be accessible to you with one local phone call when you have questions or concerns, or need to file a claim.

Learn More

Boat Insurance

Protection for your boat, yacht or personal watercraft. Protect your family, guests, and your investment when you take the water by obtaining the very best in Marine insurance. We can offer flexible boat/vessel programs designed to provide cost-effective protection.

Learn More

Classic Car and Specialty

Policies are written through American Collectors so you can be sure that your collector vehicle has the best coverage available. Your investment will be well-protected by a policy that has been designed especially for collectors. Policies are written on an annual basis and the minimum premium is $100.

Learn More

Condo Insurance

Your condo is one of the most important investments you’ll ever make. To help protect it, you need the right kind of Condominium Unitowners insurance. (H06 Policy)

Learn More

Flood Insurance

Flood insurance is available to homeowners, renters, condo unit owners/renters, commercial owners/renters, and residential condo associations (RCBAP) and apartment buildings. Costs vary depending on how much insurance is purchased, what it covers, and the property’s flood risk. We offer coverage through NFIP flood carriers, as well as Private Flood Markets.

All policy forms provide coverage for buildings and contents. However, most choose to not cover their personal contents, since contents coverage is optional. This important coverage should be considered. Under the NFIP (National Flood Insurance Program) a 30-day waiting period from the date of purchase before your policy goes into effect. That means now is the best time to buy flood insurance!

Learn More

Home Owner's Insurance

Home insurance, also commonly called Hazard Insurance, HO3 or HO5 (a type of property insurance that covers an owner occupied private residence.)

What’s covered; what’s not:
Most homeowners insurance policies will cover damage caused by such perils as fire, windstorms, hail, lightning, theft or vandalism. There are other homeowners policies that cover additional perils as well. Typically, floods and earthquakes are always excluded. It’s important to talk to a knowledgeable agent at Kape Insurance to learn what your policy may and may not cover. And for those perils that are not covered, there may be supplemental insurance you can purchase.

Learn More

Motorcycle Insurance

We offer coverage for most Motorcycles, including Cruisers, Sport Bikes, Touring Bikes, Dirt Bikes, Mopeds, Scooters, ATVs – even Custom motorcycles and motorcycles more than 25 years old.

Learn More

Renter's Insurance

(HO4 Policy)

This insurance policy covers Tenants from loss of Personal Property, such as furniture, clothing, and appliances caused by fire, theft, lightning, wind, hail, ice, snow, or other covered perils.

It does not cover the actual house or apartment that you are renting. That property is covered by the landlord’s insurance policy. This policy also provides Liability coverage which will protect you from bodily injury and property damage to others caused by your actions or negligence. Temporary Living Expenses are also covered. (Example: You need to move elsewhere because of damage caused by a fire.)

Learn More

Rented Home and Condos

If you rent out a home, condo unit, or other types of residential investment properties, you will need a landlord or rental dwelling policy. Landlord or non-owner occupied policies, provide property insurance coverage for physical damage to the structure of the home caused by fire, lightning, wind, hail, ice, snow, or other covered perils.

Learn More

Secondary & Vacation Home Insurance

Anyone purchasing a vacation or second home or condo needs to consider the risks and insurance costs that come with them. Many factors go into pricing home insurance, and the quotes for a secondary home are almost always higher than if the same home was your primary residence. The reason is that having someone inside a home, helps protect it against perils and deters burglars.

Do not falsely state or mislead your carrier to think that your secondary home is your primary home. The savings on your insurance is not worth the risk. If you need to file a claim for your vacation home and they discover you lied about its status, your home insurance company would likely deny your claim and either cancel or not renew your policy. It makes no sense to pay for a policy that could deny you coverage based on this reason alone.

Learn More

Umbrella Liability Policy

A coverage basically affording high limit coverage in excess of the limits of the primary policies as well as additional liability coverage’s. This additional coverage’s are usually subject to a substantial self-insured retention. The term “umbrella” is derived from the fact that it is a separate policy over and above any other basic liability policies the insured may have.

Learn More

Valuable Items Floaters

Protect your valuables with valuable items coverage or a personal articles floater. It is likely that you have more valuables than you realize and your Homeowners policy may not cover their value or it may have certain limits. Most often, you can add this coverage to your existing homeowners policy. Appraisals and/or receipts are needed. Stand-alone policies are also available.

Learn More

Kape Insurance is here to help you find a Personal policy that is right for you, your family, and your assets.

Contact Us